Wednesday, 15 August 2007 16:40
- 3 cups leftover rice (1 cup dry)
- 1 ½ cup left over vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas).
- Heat in large fry pan: 3 TBS oil
- Add: ¼-½ lb cooked or raw meat cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbls soy sauce
- 1 tbls fish sauce or more soy sauce
- Stir-fry until meat is tender and hot, 1-2 minutes.
- Add: 3 cups cooked rice
- Stir-fry 5 minutes
- Add left-over vegetables, stir well.
- Just before serving, add eggs beaten. Stir carefully through rice over medium heat until eggs are cooked through.
Adapted from Extending the Table
– serves 3-4 people