SIM Nigeria Goals and Strategy
Thursday, 30 September 2010 15:26
Who We Are
SIM Nigeria is part of SIM International, a community of God's people who delight to worship him and are passionate about the Gospel, seeking to fulfill the mission of Jesus Christ in the world.
The mission of SIM International, including SIM Nigeria, is to glorify God by planting, strengthening and partnering with churches around the world as we:
- evangelize the unreached
- minister to human need
- disciple believers into churches
- equip churches to fulfill Christ's Commission (Matthew 28:19, 20)
The glory of God in the worldwide Church is our highest vision. Through eyes of faith we see people from all nations, tribes, and languages worshiping around the throne of God. In areas where we are given responsibility, we see SIM, empowered by God, vigorously engaged in integrated ministries of:
Evangelism: We see every person—child, woman and man—having the opportunity to hear, understand and joyfully respond to the Good News and become a part of a local church fellowship.
Ministry to Human Needs: We see each person, family, church and community transformed in response to the unconditional love of God and embracing a biblical worldview.
Discipleship: We see believers growing in Christ, living in obedience to the Scriptures, and discipling others.
Partnering in Missions: We see all churches that relate to SIM empowered to fulfill their missionary potential with SIM as a catalyst, assisting them through creative, interdependent partnerships.
The motto of SIM is ‘By Prayer.' Each purpose, plan and activity of the Mission is born of prayer and committed to God in prayer.
SIM Nigeria Goals
Our overall goals in Nigeria are:
- In evangelism: to support and encourage strategic outreach to unreached people groups and children and youth.
- In ministry to human need: to support and encourage ministries of compassion.
- In discipleship: equip, develop and mentor Christian leaders and nurture lay Christians to maturity.
- In partnering in missions: to assist in equipping church leaders to develop multiplying churches. Our primary ministry partner is the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA)
Our goal with SIM personnel is to:
- develop the capacity of SIM missionaries and empower them in ministry
- provide the support services needed for all SIM missionaries and their children
SIM Nigeria Strategy
—Unreached people groups:
- Support the work of indigenous missionaries among unreached people groups. For details see below under “partnering in missions”
—Children and Youth:
- Encourage Nigerians to become committed and active in reaching and discipling youth and children (including youth pastors and sports ministers).
- Enhance the capacity of Christian teachers to provide a Christian world view and inspire children to follow Christ.
Ministry to Human Need
- Build the capacity of Nigerian health workers to minister with competence, compassion and effective evangelistic witness.
- Support the church in providing education and care for the suffering and marginalized in Nigeria, including AIDS patients, orphans and widows.
- Develop the capacity of church leaders to effectively lead the church by discipling, equipping and mobilizing church members for spiritual growth and community impact. Focus on theological education as a key method to achieve this.
- Develop the motivation and capacity of mature Christians to mentor and disciple Christians for growth.
- Facilitate the provision of good discipleship materials suited to different contexts.
Partnering in Missions
- Through theological education and other means to assist the church in the recruitment, training and support of Nigerian missionaries and church planters ministering to unreached people groups within and outside Nigeria, including Fulani and with emphasis on northern Nigeria.
- Assist in encouraging church members to become motivated and active in reaching the lost within their vicinity including youth, urban lost, and Muslims.
- Recruit missionaries with skills and character qualities that will make an appropriate contribution to the growth of the church in Nigeria.
- Develop the capacity of all missionaries to have a Kingdom influence in Nigeria and have relationships with Nigerians that produce spiritual growth.
- Provide a high quality of administration, MK education, health, and member care services to develop and sustain SIM missionaries and their children.